Friday 29 May 2009

My 15 Minutes of Fame! LOL!

Hey!

Well it’s the end of another week – I hear you cheer “Woo Hoo!” but for me, it means it’s the end of my holiday from work :o( I’m certainly not down in the dumps though, as I have some REALLY exciting news to share with you all! Y’see although I haven’t posted much this week, I have been a busy bee but had to keep it hush hush until now…


Earlier this week I received an email from Jami Sibley who is a part of Taylored Expressions – y’know the company that make the cute cupcake stamps!? Jami spotted my card in the Splitcoaststampers gallery and asked me to be ‘Our Friday Friend’ the over on theStamp a Sweet Impression blog! Well as you can imagine I had to email straight back to see where the stitch up was LOL! However, to my amazement it was all genuine! WOW! I was soooooo excited that I wanted to tell the world there and then! I had (and still have) the biggest Cheshire Cat grin stuck to my face!


So over the last couple of days I was asked to create a card based on today’s Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge # 70 designed by Taylor Van Bruggen. I felt so privileged to have had a sneak peek at the sketch! As well as this I had answer a few questions about myself for an interview – not that I think I’m that interesting but it goes with the job!

So no pressure then eh? LOL! After a sleepless night trying to rack my brains I finally came up with my card. Here’s a sneak peek of it but if you wanna check it out in full (along with my interview) you’ll have to visit the SASI blog. I really hope you do because I’d love you to not only check out my little piece of fame, but also the work of the others (much more talented in my opinion) stampers – I’m in awe at their work!

Card Recipe

(Just in the hope it might encourage you to pop across to check it out LOL!)

Stamps: Taylored Expressions, Doctors Orders

Ink: Memento – Tuxedo Black

Papers: K and Co Belle Matt Pad by Amy Butler

Others: Promarkers, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Embosing Folder Spots and Dots, White Gel Pen, Pink Bling (Hero Arts), Dimensional sticker from Papermania, Green Ribbon (from my collected stash!)


I will post my card up in full sometime over the weekend - I just wanted to be able to say it 'premiered' over on the SASI blog LOL! What am I like? Next thing I know I'll be demanding a red carpet to get outta bed LOL!


Oh and if you’re wondering, those sweet cupcake stamps are a dream to work with. Not only are they made from the cutest pink rubber but they stamp very clear lines and clean beautifully! Mine have been used quite a bit and yet they're still the sweetest shade of pink!


I’ve also been busy creating a few other bits n bobs this week that I’m just dying to share with you but you’ll just have wait as I’m afraid of the intended recipients sneaking a peek and spoiling a surprise!


Happy Cupcake Friday and have super duper weekend!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Cupcake Hugs!


Aimes

X

10 comments:

Emma said...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Whooooo, hoooo Aimes, my stateside glamour girl. When will I, will I be famous - now!! OMG I can't stop smiling and to think you, little old you is so famous now. I couldn't have wished it to happen to a nicer person.

I am so happy for and am off to check you out straight away.

Emma x

Taylor said...

Your card is totally adorable, Amy! Totally worth that sleepness night, I hope!? :) And your coloring is totally spot on!

Thanks so much for being Our Friday Friend this week!

Sarah B said...

Wow get you, Congratulations, The card looks fab, gonna go and have a proper look soon,

Hugs Sarah B X

Karen Giron said...

Congratulations on Friday Friend! You're card is SO adorable with those vibrant colors. Very sweet!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Great job on the card!

Stephanie said...

Just AWESOME my love - seriously, what a big deal this is!! Just proves how talented you are for your card to be admired, not just across the pond but also by 'celebrity' stampers who then ask you to guest spot on such a famous site....what more can I say?....except Grrrr LOL Couldn't be happier it was you :) Big congrats, hugs & kisses, Stephanie xxx p.s. after seeing your card - you more than hold your own amongts the big guns :)

Alison said...

Gorgeous card with that adorable little cuppie fella!, massive 'well done' on being chosen for Friday Friend!

Kate Lewis said...

A huge congrats honey! How cool to have Taylor commenting on your blog! you're mingling with the big gals now lol!

Great card - as always!!! Have a fab weekend, you can relax now!!! K xx

Ann said...

Woohoooooo!!!! Congrats! Your card is so cute and fun!!!!

Karen said...

That is so fantastic! Big congratulations! I love both cards, they are so bright and cheery.
Hope you've had a fab weekend with loads of sunshine.
Hugs,
Karen x

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.