Sunday 21 June 2009

Happy Fathers' Day (and bday to me hee hee!)

Hey!

Well I awoke this morning in a white gown watching the sun rise for summer solstice. No, I'm not a pagan nor was I at Stonehenge (though I would like to go there one day....) The gown was my dressing gown and the reason I was awake was because it's my birthday today and I'm a big kid at heart! LOL!

I've had a lovely morning with breakfast in bed and some truly beautiful presents and cards with some more to come this afternoon and in a few weeks time (My PTI order - I can't wait!)

As it's also Fathers' Day today, I can share the card I made for my bf's dad now! So here it is:Not bad for saying I was feeling groggy! The background is made with the two sized stars from PTI's Around & About Sentiments Set. I stole the idea after seeing it done here on Nicole's blog with the Polka Dots. I think it's pretty effective!
The embellishment was something I found in desparation to get inspiration at the bottom of my bits n bobs box! I'd been playing with some sheets of thin metal and my cuttlebug embossing folders ages ago - this is what started the whole inspiration for the card! I tried to stick to masculine colours, I'm liking grey more and more. In fact if I ever do tie the knot with my bf (we've been together for so many years!) I'd become Amy Gray! If that's not a good enough reason to tie the knot then I don't know what is LOL!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Around and About Sentiments
Card: Ocean Tides, Vintage Cream, Cloud 9 Design - Blueberry Ginger
Ink: Vintage Cream
Accessories: White Gel Pen, Brads, Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Stars Embossing Folders, Metal Sheet, Alphabet Transfers (Creative Cafe)

Right then, off to make a last minute bookmark for my dad and then I'm off to share 'our' special day together!

Catch you later!

Aimes
x

10 comments:

Ann said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AIMES!!!! Hope your day is wonderful!!!!!!

Your card is too cool. I love the colors, and that embossed star rocks!

Deb S. said...

Hey Amy! Great Father's Day card, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! :)

Alison said...

Very Happy Birthday Hun! Hope you got lots of lovely stuff!

Lovely card for your FIL, I'm liking the metal embossing piece on it!
Love, Alison -x-

Alex said...

Happy Birthday Aimes, hope you've had a wonderful weekend. I bet you can't wait for your PTI goodies to arrive!

Super card by the way, love the metal embossing embellishment :)

Enjoy!

Alex x

Stephanie said...

Great card Aimes - very effective stamped background paper & once again, something a little different with the embossed metal feature, top marks! lol Hope you're day's been wonderful :) Love Stephanie xxx

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day!

Kate Lewis said...

Happy Birthday honey! I LOVE this card - the embossed metal is fabulous, what a great idea....you're always full of great ideas dammit lol!!! Hope you've had a fab birthday! Speak soon, Kate x

Vanessa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a great day! Your card is great, a perfect masculine card!

Hugs
Vanessa

Unknown said...

FAb card and happy birthday - your blog is lovely!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY {belated} BIRTHDAY!!!

And what an awesome card! Metal and embossing? Who knew?!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.