Saturday 22 October 2011

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Is it a silhouette?

Hey!

Hooray for the weekend! Hoooooooooooray for half-term! Whoop! :)

Did today's title of my post have you raising an eyebrow? Well it comes from a card I've made for a new challenge on A Passion for Papertrey:

A bird...

Our new challenge - Sensational Silhouettes - is to incorporate a silhouette (or silhouettes) on your project. Silhouettes are all the trend right now and we're jumping on the bandwagon with 'em *wink*

Once I'd made this card I then questioned whether the bird counts as a silhouette seeing as it has fine detailed lines and isn't a solid image. So...um.....well....I decided that it's stayin' that way - ha! If, however, you'd like to show us what you can do with a real silhouette then we'd love for you to join in our challenge and share the inspiration!

Wishing you all a super duper weekend :)

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Catch ya later!







Card Deets
{A Bird...}
Stamps: Happy Trails (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)/Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Pure Poppy Grosgrain Ribbon, Happy Trails Bird Die, Text Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink)/Cuttlebug/Gem (Stash!)

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

Very pretty Aimes! Love the texture on the panel and the simple color scheme!

Andrea M said...

Absolutely stunning Aimes!!! WOW! This is CAS brilliance!

Maureen said...

I say it is too! And it's your challenge so there! lol Love the beautiful impression and simple lines on this...you are a master at making a few images look like there is a feast on your card...this is just stunning! Off to buy mittens today!! lol until I can unpack my red ones :)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Aimes, this is just stunning! I love the texture and the red accents

sandie said...

Aimes, I love the white panel paper-so effective. It is just a few simple things that look so classic

Debby said...

Hi Aimes! Sorry long time no comment! I always love what you do just have been soooo busy. Anyhow, on to today - pure fabulous Aimesiness! Love it! White with a pop of colour, clean lines but detail too - just perfect.

Jess said...

LOVE this! The crisp sentiment and beautiful texture of the background are fantastic. That bird is silhouette-y enough for me!! :)

And yes that's a word! :)

Laurie said...

Another lovely! The texture in the top layer is beautiful!!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.